Our garage doors surely have remotes that controls it to open and close conveniently. These remotes are often called as the LiftMAster remote. Now, do you know how to change battery in LiftMaster remote? Are you aware of the things or the steps that you have to do so that you will be able to change the battery of your remote correctly?
Now, you are lucky because this article will be discussing to you a step-by-step instruction on how to change battery in LiftMaster remote so that you will not have a hard time in changing the battery of your remote.
1. Get ay flathead screwdriver, or any object like such. Only a flathead screwdriver can access the battery.
2. Using your large flat screwdriver, insert it in the notch that you see at the right side of your key fob. You may have to expect some damages to your plastic here since this part is soft and can be damaged easily one you separate the key fob into two.
3. Twist your screwdriver gently until the top cover pops off from the bottom of your key fob’s case. Keep the top cover then in a safe place.
4. Pull out the old battery from the socket gently. Do your best to avoid the electrical contacts from bending and avoid scratching your key fob’s green circuit board.
5. Slide carefully the new battery into the socket. Make sure that the negative faces downwards and the positive faces upwards.
6. Align the top cover and the bottom of the case and carefully snap it together. Double check and make sure that all edges of the key fob are snapped together.
7. Press any buttons to check if the battery is working. Now, if the battery that you have inserted works properly, you must see a red LED light at the bottom of the key fob.
Those easy steps are the steps that you have to follow in changing the battery of your LiftMaster remote. You must take note that changing the battery of your remote does not reprogram the remote itself. So, make sure that you will not change anything in the programming so that you will not have problems.
If you want to reprogram the remote, you have to get help from professionals so that you will not have issues with your LiftMaster remote. The professionals that you can surely count on regarding this matter is the Direct Service Overhead Garage Door Company.
Also, check out Garage Door Handyman for amazing garage door repairs.